- Overactive sebaceous glands that cause an excessive production of sebum, resulting in clogging of the skin pores can cause pimples around the mouth.
- White pimples are caused when the excessive oil/sebum gets mixed with the dead skin cells beneath the skin surface.
- Excessive sweating can clog the skin pores, resulting in pimples.
- Hormonal imbalances in women, that occurs during the periods, pregnancy, or menopause may cause this problem.
- Birth control pills and certain medicines, such as steroids and anti depressants, are another reason behind the occurrence of pimples.
- Stress and anxiety can also cause pimples.
- Applying lip balm, over washing the face, keeping the face dirty, an excessively oily skin, and hot weather are some of the other causes.
- Lavender Oil:
A simple and effective home remedy is to clean the affected area with an antibacterial cleanser. Then, take an ice cube and gently rub it around the mouth and on the nose for a while. Later, dry the face with a hand towel and apply some lavender oil. Lavender oil is known for its healing and antibacterial properties, and hence will minimize redness and swelling caused due to the pimples.
- Lemon Juice:
Application of lemon juice can greatly help in getting rid of small pimples around the chin and mouth. As lemon juice can cause a burning sensation on acne-prone sensitive skin, diluting it with rose water prior to application will be a good solution for acne control.
- Other Home Remedies:
Application of aloe vera gel, cucumber juice, or yogurt can help in getting rid of the swelling and redness associated with pimples.
If pimples around your mouth refuse to go away or heal, you can apply topical creams and lotions that contain benzoyl peroxide to get rid of them. There are many antibiotic medications available over the counter, such as erythromycin, which help in reducing the bacteria on the skin surface, thereby preventing the occurrence of pimples.
Besides the above mentioned remedies, there are certain things that you will have to incorporate in your daily routine to prevent pimples from recurring. You will have to follow a regular skin cleansing routine to avoid the build up of oil and dirt on the skin, which are the primary reasons for a pimple outbreak. Secondly, scrubbing the skin vigorously or over-washing it can cause the acne to aggravate, so it should be avoided too. Lastly, to prevent infection from spreading and to avoid scarring, touching the infected skin area again and again should be avoided. Also, extracting the sebum from the pimples should not be carried out either; instead, time should be given to let the pimple heal itself naturally.